Geography 1.4 is a practical resource to help you pass the Geography 1.4 Achievement Standard: apply concepts and basic geographic skills to demonstrate understanding of a given environment.
Features a wide range of activities, covering:
- Natural and cultural features; maps and mapping skills
- Map symbols; direction; distance; scale; grid references; measuring area
- Prcis maps; contour lines; drawing a cross section; relationships and patterns; latitude and longitude
- Weather maps and choropleth maps
- Tables and graphs
- Photographs and cartoons
- Values and viewpoints
- Field sketches and research skills
- Geographic Key Concepts and Maori terms.
- Practice in concise and accurate writing.
The book contains full-colour topographical maps, as well as a full answer section which can be removed for assessment purposes.